Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nerf Sonic Ice Elite Rampage: Baidu


Quite a while back in 2010 when Nerf were churning out bootloads of repaints of their N-Strike blasters, we made a comment that what we thought would look REALLY cool:

 "I'd like to see translucent blue actually, that'd look priddy:)"

Well bless their cotton foam socks, Nerf have done exactly that and it looks like they'll be releasing a new translucent blue version of some their Elite blasters called "Sonic Ice". At this stage here's a bootload of pics after the jump serving as confirmation of the Elite Rampage courtesy of Baidu user Wei Ping, and the mysterious translucent blue stock floating around on Baidu suggests the Retaliator will also get the Sonic Ice treatment as well. 

If previous repaints are any indication, we should see something like the Strongarm and the Firestrike possible getting the Sonic Ice treatment too, but that's just me speculating. What do you reckon would make for a likely blaster to be released in translucent blue?









And some box art courtesy of My Last Dart:-




12 comments:

  1. I have serious doubts that these will ever be released in Australia. I simply don't think Hasbro would bother doing a dumbed down re-release of a re-release of an upgraded range of N-Strike blasters.

    All hail the Nanny State!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the Power Clip! I actually think that bringing back the half translucent/ half opaque color scheme of blasters like the Power Clip/ Split Fire would be pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOAH!! The guy on the box is smiling!! What is this? Where are those steely-eyed teens with grim expressions and black turtlenecks? My world is falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did it come with the Retaliator stock? If not, does that mean you have a Sonic Retaliator too? Give us pics. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome!!!
    This is one of my favorite repaints, close to the Crimson Strike series.
    I am guessing the Rampage, Retaliator, Hailfire, Firestrike, and Strongarm will get this repaint job.

    Also, might this lead up to something?
    The clear series led up to the stampede, but then again, the sonic series was just a repaint.
    Who know? Speculation time!

    ~DarkDragon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew Gilbert Godfried had a son, and yet, look at the guy on the box. Read the text on it in that voice too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, that grey is ugly on the blaster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, I want a limited edition Sonic Ice Elite Stampede ECS 50 w/ full 75' range. Since I'm dreaming, I also want a pony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have noticed that the drum that comes with it was the rumored repaint from a while back surprised no one else saw what so far http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2013/06/rumours-baidu-shows-25-round-drum.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool, ill be getting one

    ReplyDelete
  11. When will this come out in Florida? I really want it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. should i get one? i live i Perth, but im on holidays in KL and i have seen them in Malaysia's Toy r Us hmmm...

    ReplyDelete