Thursday, April 26, 2012
Clarifications on this Hasbro Saga...
I was hoping not to post on this issue anymore but I see that some of the Internet reporting is getting a bit distorted- which is something that just happens I guess. While I appreciate the support, to be clear, here are a few clarifications.
1. To the best of my knowledge - I have not been "sued". Hasbro's lawyers issued a letter on 21 March with which I complied. I then voluntarily took the blog down for a month to ensure I had complied with their request - I was not ordered to do so but wanted to on my own. I have provided Baker & McKenzie with all of the information that I can - the rest of the information that they are seeking, I do not have.
2. The Baker & McKenzie representatives were not IN my apartment when I got home - they were hanging around outside of my apartment/apartment block.
3. I have updated my original post to reflect Hasbro's official statement on the issue that was released today and have acknowledged that it is quite possible that this was all an extremely unfortunate, badly handled misunderstanding and possible that there was no malice intended. I have also acknowledged that it is quite possible that Hasbro/its lawyers did not realise how their ordinary/normal investigative techniques would come across to a non-lawyer ordinary person like me.
4. Although I am very grateful and touched by all of the support from everyone, I have not urged people to boycott Hasbro and its products. It's up to everyone to decide for himself/herself which company's
products to buy and it's not my intention or place to try to influence people.
5. I DON'T look anything like NMA's CGI portrayal of me!! :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7HoC_Rnx_U
Thanks again all, I really didn't know that my hobby of shooting toy guns and foam darts was going to lead to all of this ...
Posted by Pocket. Esq. at 15:38