Local boy Chris Wolfe has some serious skillz:) He's an admin of Neil's Canberra and Southern NSW Dart Tag crew; he's one of the mad scientists at the local hackerspace and he takes the helm of "Combustable Props". One of his latest projects was this Warhammer inspired bolt pistol and I'm thinking it's pretty damn schmick indeed.
We've got some more insight into the project, thanks to Mr Wolfe himself- check out the specs after the jump!
Bolt pistol. This project was actually a break from my other more time consuming ones (Pulse Rifle/Stampede conversion among them) as it was pretty straight forward. Its all angles and blocky shapes.
The first step was to trace out the size of the donor nerf blaster. I used a recon as it was a much better shape and i had one spare hehe. Then trace the outline of the Bolt pistol over it, which would then become the template.
I also decided to make it cock from the rear as this has both the Orange Mod Works kits in it so the cocking force would break anything else. Then fast forward past all the cutting of 6mm MDF and measuring etc to a very low detail blank blaster box At this point i realised i couldn't reach the clip release, so i created one.
I then used Epoxy sculpt to fill in the bits that i wanted smooth, the rear of the handle and sculpt the 'wax' seal.
2) Painted two coats of satin clear coat.
3) Masked off the top of the blaster (which was going to be painted red).
4) Added mustard (which was a bad idea as it stained the silver.. I used tomato sauce later which worked but i would use blutack for any future projects) to the edges of the blaster where i wanted silver to show through.
5) Painted two coats of matte black.
6) Peeled the bubbles of paint off to see the silver and cleaned. Removed masking.
7) Masked off the black body.
Added tomato sauce to the edges like in step 3.
9) Painted two coats of gloss cherry red.
10) Peeled the bubbles of paint off and cleaned.
11) Weathered with black, dark red and silver and a light blue for the barrel.
12) Painted two coats of satin clear coat.
The final steps were to paint the wax seal (two coats of primer, two coats of cherry red and two coats of gloss clear coat) and create some fake Latin 40k quotes for the purity seal.
If you have any questions please check out my facebook page "Combustible Props".