|Urban Taggers gives you the finger!:P|
SO here's what we're gonna do. Fancy yourself as a modding guru? I want to know HOW good a modded blaster can be, and am keen for someone to design and customise a Nerf blaster for Urban Taggers; that's right folks- I am now on the hunt for a the ultimate uber modded NERF blaster...
Now.. before you say "you should do it yourself" I kid you not when I say I am an absolute goober at this sort of thing, and would rather buy one from someone who specialises in mods in their sleep:)
Here's my brief:
URBAN TAGGERS UTX-1: PRIMARY BLASTER
1) Design: I'm looking for a blaster that is aesthetically very schmick. Custom paint jobs a must, with clean attention to detail. While I love the black paint jobs, I am always concerned about getting things through our shores, so if you're from overseas and have experience with successful dealings getting painted black blasters through Australian customs- awesome. Otherwise, happy for dark blues; but it has to somehow reflect the site, so elements of grey orange and black- the Urban Taggers colours (and logo) are desirable.
2) Mod build quality/durability: This is important; I'd like this blaster to last a fair while so ensuring things are where they're supposed to be, reinforced so plastic doesn't break, and everything is nicely sanded and smooth is a must. I always look after my gear, but I don't want to have to baby it.
3) Performance: Go to town. I'd like to be "wow'ed" and made to feel sheepish for never wanting to mod a blaster before. Bear in mind I want to use traditional darts; no stefans or modified darts.
4) Innovation/Creativity: Sure, spraying a blaster and removing the air restrictors is a start, but we like doing things to excess, so we're interested in having some element that's just "cool" and unique. I've seen blasters with mounted "shot guns", or a ball blaster as a "grenade launcher" or blasters with triggers wired together; laser sights, cool scopes, custom stocks.. LED lights, chainsaw (whoah.. that was a cool mod).. all of these are great in my book.
5) Itemised costs: I'd like to know the technical specs. What's in this sucker and why it's so damn awesome compared to anything else out there.
6) Starting ground: The Longshot is the modded blaster of choice so we'd be happy to go with that; however I personally am partial to the Alpha Trooper and Raider. But really, it's up to you. Whatever you think represents Urban Taggers and can do us proud is going to get the tick.
SO what do you get for your efforts? Well for one.. I'll buy it off you. So you won't be out of pocket, and make whatever profit you decide to make for your time and materials. I'm not here to rip anyone off, happy to pay for quality.
I'll also be looking to write a feature on you, your workmanship, and plug the hell out of your mad modding skillz. If all works out well, you'll be the official Urban Taggers mod supplier and we'll probably be hitting you up for more blasters in the future.
And you'll also have the bragging rights of knowing you were the creators of the very first official Urban Taggers blaster- the UTX (whatever it will be!)
Feel free to ask us any questions either here or through our Facebook page or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "UTX Proposal" in the subject header. Send us some examples of your work and what you propose to design for us (and an estimated cost- we're still struggling apartment dwellers!). We'll select our favourites and post them on the blog and Facebook page for our readers to comment; once we've chosen our favourite design, we'll commission whoever's responsible to build it and ship it to us, preferably in time for Christmas (I'll give you naughty or nice mr Claus!)
Look forward to hearing from you!!