Friday, August 6, 2010

Storage crate: picking up your toys has never been cooler

Storage Crate- 350 Litres, stores an entire Nerf collection easily. Or a small child.
Ok, not such an exciting topic, but storage of your arsenal is important to ensure they don't get broken, lost or played with by undesirables (my friends' kids for instance!). Originally I had them stored in those clear tubs you can pick up at Bunnings, but as my collection grew, so did my collection of tubs. They do the job, but they're not really very cool looking. Soo.. imagine my surprise when I strolled into the Reject Shop on a Friday evening and for 50 bucks, I picked up an AWESOME storage crate that stores ALL of my collection and more..

Now you don't normally associate The Reject Shop with cool looking stuff; for those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a very cheap 2 buck shop with lots of very cheap stuff. But.. cheap is not necessarily bad; this crate is "made in Poland"- and not that I know much about the quality of workmanship from Polish factories, I still was pretty impressed with the way it looks and how easy it was to put together.
Storage Crate- closed. Not sure where to store the storage crate though..


The crate comes as a flat pack, and is made from recycled plastics. The bottom of the crate does have small wheels to be able to push it along; the sides have hand grips and the lid is lockable by using a small padlock. Which I guess keeps out the undesirable kiddies to play with, but if someone really wants to get into your haul, I'm pretty sure a hammer would do the trick:(

It's in a very tough looking black and grey and looks not unlike storage crates in Army of Two. It's a 350 litre capacity, and I can safely say that means it can store pretty much every Nerf blaster ever made and then some. It fits the Vulcan, Longshot, Long Strike, Big Bad Bow etc etc.. I've got a pretty complete haul and there's still room for the new 2010 models.. whoo hoo!

For $50AUS it's an absolute bargain. If you're a bit more selective with your arsenal, then it's probably quite a bit overkill, but if you've got a LOT of gear and want it all in one central place, I totally recommend it. Go Reject Shop!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment